LinkedIn is a social media powerhouse for business professionals. To make the most of this platform, it’s important to understand the optimal image size and best practices.
This guide will teach you everything you need to know!
One of the most effective ways to share content on LinkedIn is through single-image posts. A well-designed image can be eye-catching and engaging, communicating a message quickly and effectively. Single-image posts also have the advantage of being easy to create and share.
With just a few clicks, you can upload an image and add a caption, making it ideal for busy professionals who want to share content but don’t have much time to spend on social media. If you’re looking for a way to reach more people with your content, consider using single-image posts on LinkedIn.
And now, with the ability to include up to 9 images in a single post, LinkedIn is even better for sharing your visual work. Whether you’re sharing product photos, event pictures, or behind-the-scenes shots, multi-image posts are a great way to get your work noticed on LinkedIn.
Plus, with 9 images in a single post, you can really tell a story and give your audience a comprehensive look at what you do. If you want to stand out on LinkedIn, start using multi-image posts to share your work.
How to Create Image Posts on LinkedIn?
Creating Image Posts or adding images to your posts on LinkedIn is very easy. Click on the “Start a post” button at the top of your LinkedIn Feed. This will bring up the post creation interface.
Next, click on the “Add a photo” icon in the bottom left corner and upload your photo.
At this point, you can Edit your photo, add a Tag and Alt text. Warning, this is the last time you will be able to edit your photo. Once you publish the post, you will only be able to edit the text parts of the post but not the images.
When you’re happy with the image or images, click the “Done” button and move to the next step. Now, you will be able to add a post description and hashtags.
And that’s it! Hit “Post” and you’re done!
Benefits of Adding Images to LinkedIn Posts
Adding images to your updates can help you better connect with your target audience and lead to more engagement. Here are just a few of the benefits of adding images to your LinkedIn posts:
- Images can help capture attention in a feed full of text-based updates
- Images can help to break up long blocks of text, making your update more visually appealing
- And perhaps most importantly, images can help convey emotion and add context to your update, making it more relatable and engaging
So next time you’re looking to spruce up your LinkedIn posts, consider adding an image or two. It could make all the difference in terms of engagement.
Image Upload Limitations and Recommendations
You can’t just upload any image you want when creating a post on LinkedIn. In order to ensure that your images will look good on the platform, and won’t be rejected, there are some limitations and recommendations you should follow:
- Image size limit is 5MB
- Uploaded photos cannot be resized or edited
- Low resolution or small photos might appear in a low-quality
- LinkedIn recommends images are at least 552 pixels wide and 276 pixels high
- Frame ration ranges from 3:1 to 2:3 when it comes to width/height and the ratio is larger than that, images will be automatically centered and cropped
- Supported file types are JPEG and PNG
LinkedIn Image Post Best Practices
With over millions of users, it can be easy for your content to get lost in the shuffle. That’s why it’s important to make sure your images are camera-ready before you hit publish. Here are a few best practices to keep in mind:
- LinkedIn recommends that images be at least 1200×627 pixels to ensure they appear sharp and clear on high-resolution screens
- Try to avoid using text overlays, as they can be difficult to read on small devices
- Focus on creating clean, concise visuals that convey your message quickly and effectively
- Steer clear of image content depicting sensitive issues
- Keep your image caption short and sweet – aim for 100 characters or less
- Use photos relevant to your post
- Think about the emotion you want to evoke with your picture. Choose an image that is positive and upbeat.
Q: Do posts with images perform better?
Yes, posts with images receive 2X more engagement than text-only posts on LinkedIn.
Q: Why can’t I post images in LinkedIn?
A: Make sure your image adheres to the file size limitations 5MB or smaller and is a JPEG or PNG file type.
Q: What size should an image be for LinkedIn post?
A: LinkedIn recommends images of 1200×627 pixels for posts, but you are free to post any other size within the limits.
Q: How do I edit LinkedIn image posts?
A: Locate the post you want to edit, lick the “More” icon in the top right and click “Edit post.” You cannot edit the images in your posts after publishing. You can only edit the text in your post.
Q: Can I post a picture with a link?
A: You cannot add links to images in LinkedIn posts. You can only add links in the post description area.
Q: Can I download or save images from LinkedIn?
A: Right-click the image you want and then click “Save image as…” in the drop-down menu.
Q: Will LinkedIn notify me if users download images from my posts?
A: No, LinkedIn will not notify you if other users download your media.
Q: Should I upload JPEG or PNG photos on LinkedIn?
A: PNG is a better choice because of the higher image quality than JPEG.
Q: Does LinkedIn support GIFs?
A: LinkedIn does not support GIFs. Alternatively, MP4 videos that are under 15 seconds long will auto-play and loop just like a GIF would.
LinkedIn image posts are a great way to capture attention and drive engagement for your LinkedIn content strategy. They’re also a very visual way of marketing your product or service.
Not sure how to create an image post on LinkedIn? No problem! I’ve got you covered with some best practices for creating successful LinkedIn image posts.
So what are you waiting for? Start posting those beautiful images and see the results for yourself!